June 3rd & 4th
Workshop West Theatre and Shadow Theatre
Please call 780-477-5955 to book times
Employment Opportunity :: Workshop West Theatre
Communications and Patron Services Manager, Workshop West
Workshop West seeks an energetic, organized theatre enthusiast to act as the first point of contact for our audiences, patrons, clients and industry contacts. Overseen by WWT's General Manager, they will represent the theatre company at our office, on the phone, at venues, in writing and online through social media, web presence and other correspondence.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving, directing, and filtering all incoming communication,
- Creating and synchronizing media across multiple platforms
- Managing WWT's box office, newsletters, reporting, ticketing, tracking donations etc, through Theatre Manager software.
- Assisting in event planning, and paperwork, including interactions with government, industry and the public.
- Tracking subscribers and donors, ticket receipts, floats, and tax receipts.
- Coordinating outreach to schools, organizations and potential patrons.
- Recruiting and managing box office and front of house volunteers and staff.
- Handling and managing cash and other revenue.
- Strong computer skills in standard administrative applications, and the ability to learn new ones easily.
- The ability to function well in a high stress environment.
- Comfort in the box office environment and familiarity with theatre procedures.
- Initiative to work independently and adaptability to work as a team member
- A pleasant disposition
25 hours per week with heavier commitments during production
Rate: currently $18/hr.
This entry was posted in Classifieds and tagged Edmonton, Jobs, Jobs-YEG by Aaron. Bookmark thepermalink.
It puts you at the crucible of our greatest needs, desires, fears or demands. To watch. To laugh, or cry, to cringe and hope it never happens to you, to learn, to celebrate.
Workshop West's Season 34 will bring you to some great Canadian crucibles. Forbidden love sparked at an inter-rez hockey tournament. Love forbidden by religion sparked against the nation-changing social upheaval of the 1919 Winnipeg Strike. And... Love that seems to be forbidden by how damn hard it is to get a little time together to light the spark!
This season we'll present the world premiere of Double Double, a new comedy by Ken Brown, one of Edmonton's favourite, and Canada's best playwrights. We're partnering with Alberta Aboriginal Arts to present Agokwe, winner of six Dora Mavor Moore Theatre Awards. We're also to teaming up with the Alberta Federation of Labour, to celebrate its 100th anniversary with a Special Presentation of the Canadian musical, Strike!
Our Springboards New Play Festival will run in September to kick off our season this year. The Canoe Theatre Festival, our January showcase of challenging contemporary theatre, will run for two weeks. It will also feature one of Canada's iconic performers – Mary Walsh.